Our online Get Sensory Savvy Workshop is designed to help parents understand more about their child’s sensory vulnerabilities and provide strategies to help manage them. It’s the perfect place to get answers to all of your questions. It helps you identify and apply intervention strategies SPECIFIC to your unique family circumstances and difficulties.
The videos in this course were filmed when the program was delivered to early childhood educators and teachers. Hence, this is a valuable workshop for teaching skill development.
- What do we mean by sensory processing disorder?
- How do we process sensory information?
- Understand how our level of alertness can impact on our ability to process sensory information.
- Understand the key features of sensory defensiveness and how it disrupts functional performance & participation at home, pre/school and community.
- Learn about sensory diets and other therapy intervention methods.
- Introduction to Therabrushing, Oral Tactile Technique and The Listening Program. How do these intervention techniques fit into the bigger therapy picture?
Our sensory therapist guides you through the videos and workbook based on their experience with sensory processing disorder, autism spectrum disorder and social-emotional or regulation difficulties.
At Grace Children’s Therapy we like to highlight the importance of addressing sensory processing difficulties in the context of functional goals so children are developing those very important life skills. Therefore, this online program complements your Grace Children’s Therapy OT sessions.
If you require a receipt for funding purposes, please see the staff at your next therapy appointment. They will issue you with a code to download the product once it is approved. Payment for this program is via PayPal / credit card only. Please let us know if you need an additional tax invoice in addition to the PayPal receipt. After purchase, you will get an email from us instantly including the 5 files you need to complete the program. Within the files, you will be able to click on the link and use the password to access the two video recordings of our sensory therapist.
We also suggest that you purchase the book, The Out of Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz, to read in conjunction with the course.